HyVibe Version 2.5.8
HyVibe Firmware Installation Instructions
UPDATE THE HYVIBE WITH THE MOBILE APP
– Step 1: Check the firmware version in the System menu on the guitar. If you have V2.5.8, you do not need to update your guitar. The features in each of the versions is exactly the same.
– Step 2: Connect your HyVibe System to the HyVibe Mobile App. The app will ask you if you’d like to update your guitar. Say yes! The app will then automatically update and restart your guitar. Keep the phone near the guitar during the updating process.
If your guitar and app are disconnected during the process, simply reconnect and begin the process again. If you receive an error message, format the flash on the HyVibe System and begin the process again.
To format the flash: turn off the guitar, hold the center button, and while pressing down on the center button, click the volume knob. Then release the center button. The boot loader menu will appear. Scroll to the ‘Format’ menu and choose the option to format the drive. You can then restart the HyVibe System.
UPDATE THE HYVIBE BY CONNECTING TO A COMPUTER
– Step 1: Check the firmware version in the System menu on the guitar.
– Step 2: Download and unzip the V2.5.8 firmware file here.
– Step 3: Format the device’s flash drive using the boot loader menu. To access the boot loader, turn off the guitar, then hold the center button, and while pressing down on the center button, click the volume knob. Then release the center button. The boot loader menu will appear.
– Step 5: Scroll to the ‘Format’ menu and choose the option to format the drive.
– Step 6: Restart the HyVibe System by entering the ‘Restart’ menu and clicking ‘Yes’.
– Step 7: After restarting the guitar, use a USB C – USB A cable to connect the guitar to a computer. A USB C- USB C cable will not work.
– Step 8: In the HyVibe System interface, enter the USB menu and select ON (leave the cursor in the ON position).
– Step 9: The HyVibe external drive will appear on the computer.
– Step 10: Drag and drop the .hef file into the HyVibe disk (you must unzip the downloaded package from Step 2 to access the .hef file). Do not open the .hef file. It will automatically install itself when the HyVibe is restarted.
– Step 11: Eject the disk from the computer.
– Step 12: Exit the USB menu on the guitar, unplug the cable, and restart the device. The update will be installed automatically when the HyVibe System is restarted.
Here is a Quick Start Guide to help you get started!
#### [V2.5.8] 2022-12-05
FIXED: MIDI pedals configs where broken by adding a new possible action in the middle of the list
FIXED: Looper: set a maximum recording duration in free mode of 30 minutes
ADDED: New Playback menu, browse the Loops directory for wav files and allow to play / erase them
ADDED: For Playback the volume of stereo wav files is reduced compared to mono (-14dB)
ADDED: Looper’s metronome volume is exactly the same as the metronome volume
ADDED: Metronome volume is saved in device config
FIXED: Continuous control slider does not work on devices made delivered after November 2022 that come with version 2.5.6